Dehumidify the Air instead
When most people discover mold for the first time in their homes they panic and make bad decisions. Their gut reaction is to put a fan on to dry out the water or moisture that is causing the mold to grow. While this is a good idea, if not done properly the home will become completely contaminated with active mold spores along with the HVAC system needing more of a remediation than if they had just made a phone call to a professional instead. Why is this? And when are fans a good idea?
Fans are a good idea when there is no mold present. Why? Mold thrives in stagnant, humid air. And fans keep the air on your home circulating.
Dehumidify After a Water Intrusion
Your home is probably your single most important investment, having your home flooded can be a complete and utter nightmare. From panic and disbelief to trying to figure out how to dry out your home as well as how you’re going to pay for it all, homeowners are left with damaged homes – paying large sums of money to have it fixed and feeling awfully stressed out. Caused by anything from torrential rain, a flash flood, a hurricane or broken water main, these types of eventualities are often unexpected and extremely dangerous. After the panic of trying to save as much from your flooded area has died down and realization that your home has been flooded has settled in, it is time to think about fixing the problem.
Whether it is your basement, a room in your home or even part of your office space that is flooded, it is important for you to know what steps to take to dry the flooded areas out. With days (sometimes weeks) of repair work to be done, it can cost you hundreds (sometimes thousands) of dollars. If you are not covered by insurance you will be responsible for the financial burden yourself. You must get your home dry as soon as possible before any microbial growth begins to contaminate your home. A natural dry-out is possible, but this often takes weeks (even months) to completely dry out a room. Unfortunately, this process could potentially cause more serious problems like the formation of odors, mildew, dust mites, mold, allergies, and asthma just to name a few.
If you have any questions or concerns about your home and if it might be responsible for making you sick, please contact: https://www.auntiegen.com or call (615) 435-9012