Crawl Space Encapsulation
NOT JUST A MOLD PROBLEM – Crawl Space Encapulation
Besides being a breeding ground for mold your crawl space has many other dangers. Did you know that up to 50% of the air in the first floor of your home comes from the crawlspace. In southeastern cities like Nashville and other areas in middle Tennessee, homes built on crawlspaces have a tough time handling moisture. Without crawlspace encapsulation, dangerous gases such as Radon and polluted air are allowed into the home, leading to allergies, asthma and a host of other issues.
AuntieGen Crawlspace Encapsulation, Humidity Barrier and Humidity Control will handle the following issues:
- Poor air quality in your living space
- Minor allergies to severe infections (breathing difficulties)
- Uncomfortable humidity levels in summer and cold floors in winter
- Higher heating and cooling costs (15% to 35% higher) and decreased life of HVAC/HEPA units and ducts
- Structural Decay, including rotted sills, joists, floorboards, stuck doors/windows and buckled hardwood floors
- Condensation on air conditioning equipment, duct work, insulation, water pipes and truss plates
- Radon gas
- Insect and rodent infestations
If your crawlspace hasn’t been encapsulated yet, take control of the air quality in your home and your family’s health!
Contact AuntieGen today.